- This event has passed.
SMRA License Testing
March 19 @ 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until December 17, 2019
South Mountain Radio Amateurs VE Testing Policies
1. Unless scheduled otherwise, test sessions begin at 6PM – just prior to the 7PM monthly meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
2. Test sessions are held at the Cumberland County Public Safety Center, 1 Public Safety Drive, Carlisle, PA 17013. Since this is a new building, the address is not recognized on most mapping programs. The Public Safety Center is located across the road from the Cumberland County Prison at 1101 Claremont Rd, Carlisle. Look for a driveway marked “Public Safety Dr” – the Public Safety Center is behind the Cumberland County Agricultural Building.
3. All amateur radio license elements (Technician, General and Amateur Extra) will be offered. Commercial license testing is not available.
4. Pre-registration is required – via email: email@example.com or leave a phone message at 717-347-HAM1. Test sessions will only be held if there is enough interest and there are enough volunteer examiners to staff the session. Walk-ins will be accommodated on a best effort basis.
5. Calculators are allowed – but memory must be cleared prior to the exam.
6. Applicants must complete the NCVEC form 605 – available here: http://www.ncvec.org/downloads/ncvec605.pdf
This form requires the applicant’s Social Security Number (SSN) or the applicant’s FCC Registration Number (FRN). To satisfy the fine print on Form 605, refer to this link: http://www.w3beinformed.org/id74.html
7. SMRA VE test team is associated with the W5YI VEC www.w5yi.org
8. What to bring?
- Original of current amateur radio license (if upgrading). Contact the FCC to get a replacement if needed.
- Photocopy of amateur radio license to submit with application. A reference copy printed from the FCC web site is sufficient.
- Government-issued photo ID (such as driver’s license or passport). If a photo ID is not available, two other forms of ID may be presented (such as birth certificate, student ID, utility bill)
- Pencil(s) & eraser
- $14 in cash – correct change required.
9. Contact information: