Great Things Happen Every Day with CARC
Develop Your Path to Greatness. Have Fun. Do Good Things.
We are the Cumberland Amateur Radio Club.
Our Club Call Sign is K3IEC.
South-Central Pennsylvania communities served by CARC include:
- Boiling Springs
- Camp Hill
- Mount Holly Springs
- New Cumberland
- Walnut Bottom
- York Springs
Our primary focus involves Cumberland County, Pennsylvania as well as the nearby parts of Adams, York, Perry, and Dauphin counties. If you live somewhere else don’t let that stop you from participating. We will be pleased to welcome you into our club and add your location to this list.
Thanks for stopping in today. Click your mouse or point your finger. See what we have to offer. If you want to return please remember www.RadioClub-CARC.com.
Enter a Radio Sport Competition.
Make some contacts.
Earn some points. Build up your score.
Give the other contestants some points.
Earn a Certificate.
Get Bragging Rights.
As a group, CARC Members participate in these on-the-air activities:
- ARRL Field Day
- Pennsylvania QSO Party
- Winter Field Day
Individually, Club Members participate in many popular Special Events and contests including:
- ARRL DX — CW and Phone
- CQ Worldwide DX — CW and Phone
- ARRL Sweepstakes — CW and Phone
- CQ Worldwide VHF
- CQ WPX — CW, Phone, RTTY
- ARRL RTTY Roundup
- Route 66 Special Event
- Thirteen Colonies Special Event
- and More.
Be an important part of what we do.
Learn something from fellow Club Members
Teach something to fellow Club Members
Recent topics include:
- EME Moonbounce
- FT8 Digital Mode
- WinLink 2000
- Antenna Analyzer Operation
- Introduction to Arduino
- Pennsylvania QSO Party Readiness
- Ken Burns, Empire of the Air
- International Space Station SSTV
First Time Membership and Membership Renewals
A full calendar year of CARC Membership Benefits can be yours for $10 or less.
We have a special offer for First Time Newly Licensed Amateur Radio Operators — Free First Year Membership. Come see us within six months of your first-license effective date and the next 12 months of Membership are on us.
We have a special offer for Super-Senior Amateur Radio Operators. If you have achieved the milestone event of Age 90 or greater your CARC Membership will be completely free.
IMPORTANT: Fill-In FORM must be DOWNLOADED onto your computer prior to entering and saving data. When finished, eMail to the address shown on the form.
Cumberland Amateur Radio Club What we do…
Men and Women enjoying the many aspects of Ham Radio
Cumberland Amateur Radio Club members are active in many aspects of the Ham Radio hobby.
At CARC you will find someone who will share what she or he knows about…
- Digital Modes, PSK31, FT8, JT65, JT9, WSPR, Olivia, SSTV
- Radio Teletype (RTTY)
- Morse Code, CW transmissions
- Phone (Voice Communications)
- Public Service Communications
- Radio Sport Competition (contests)
- DX (long distance communications)
- DXpeditions (travel and radio operation from distant locations)
- QRP (low power communications)
- QRO (high power communications, amplifiers)
- Low Frequency, High Freq, Very High Freq, Ultra High Freq
- Operating Awards, Worked All States, DX Century Club, Worked All Continents, VHF/UHF Century Club
- Summits On The Air Award
- Islands On The Air Award
- Special Event Stations
- Radio Signal Propagation, D-Layer, E-Layer, F-Layer
- Meteor Scatter Communications
- Friendly On-The-Air Conversation
- Pedestrian Mobile Operation
- Emergency Preparedness
- Satellite Communications
- Slow-Scan TV, Fast-Scan TV
- Software Defined Radio
- ARRL QSL Card Checking
- ARRL Incoming QSL Card Bureaus
- Logbook of the World (LOTW)
- and probably more !
CARC Members pose for a group photo after practicing their Emergency Communication skills as part of the annual ARRL Field Day Operating Event held each year in June
- ARRL Field Day each year in June.
- Pennsylvania QSO Party each year in October.
- CARC VHF Digital Net each week at 6 p.m. Sunday Evening.
Two Meters 146.490 MHz,
Sometimes 70 cm 446.075 MHz. FM Simplex, FlDigi Sound-Card Audio.
- CARC Two Meter Phone Net each week at 7 p.m. Sunday Evening. 146.490 MHz FM Simplex
- CARC Ten Meter Phone Net each week at 8 p.m. Wednesday Evening. 28.400 MHz
(Except our Monthly Club Meeting Night)
- Dillsburg Farmers Fair Fantastic Parade support each year in October
Community Outreach activities are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 concerns.
Prospective Hams, or newly licensed Amateur Radio Operators might appreciate a helping-hand exploring what the ham radio hobby offers, putting together a working ham station or getting on-the-air.
If you are in that situation and if you would like someone you can bounce questions off, or to show you the ropes, then please accept our invitation.
Our meeting schedule, location, and highlights of the agenda appear on the Things To-Do > CARC Events page.
Additional information that prospective or newly licensed Ham Radio Operators may find helpful appears in the Know-How Resources page.
Look for the How Do I… topics.