A Special Announcement from Rol Anders, K3RA
Free weekly 3-hour training sessions providing info on a wide range of Amateur Radio Operating Activities will start at 6:30 PM Eastern time.on Thursday March 30 and run through Thursday June 15
Each session is independent, so you can attend all or just selected evenings. The presenters will be folks very experienced in the various subjects.
A detailed syllabus will be published before the classes begin. Attend them all, or any that you like, but you must register for the classes.
CARC Editor’s Note: A list of planned topics appears nearby. To obtain a listing of the topics with their presentation dates and the name/call sign of the presenter please register.
To receive registration information, contact Rol Anders, K3RA, at email@example.com.
Amateur Radio Operating subjects will include:
- All About Operating–A general Introduction
- Amateur Radio Organizations—Local to International
- Ham Radio Awards
- DXing-History and Tips from the Experts
- QSLing-How to get that needed card for DXCC or WAS
- VHF/UHF Weak Signal Work and “Roving”
- Image Operating—Slow Scan and Fast Scan TV
- Remote Station control over internet
- Learning CW in the no-code era
- Digital Modes—From RTTY to FT8 and beyond
- Contesting—How to get started, tips for the beginner and intermediated contester
- Logging Software—What’s available, how to use
- Propagation—A general intro to HF Propagation
- Amateur Satellites—How to get started
- Portable (backpacking) operation—Tips from an expert
- Setting Up a Modern (or not so modern) HF Station
- Lightning Protection and Grounding
- Traffic Handling
- Public Service, Emergency Communications