Authors, Photographers, Story Tellers Invited.
Everything is awesome.
Everything is cool
when you’re part of a Team.
Earlier today CARC Vice President Frank Mellott KB3PQT sent an email and invited Club Members to submit content for the CARC Web Page. In particular Frank mentioned his desire for additional material as part of the HOW DO I… series of articles. But this could just as easily involve photos, anecdotes, or news clippings of interesting topics you have come across. If you have something interesting to show or tell, I bet there are other interested Hams out there who would enjoy seeing or hearing about you.
Let me toss an additional incentive on the table. Each month I plan to enter the names and callsigns of those who contribute content into a prize raffle. We will draw a winning name and that person will be rewarded handsomely.
The content contributor prize raffle will begin as part of our January 2019 meeting.
• Author: Andrew Forsyth AF3I
- Annual CARC Membership Dues are $10
- Richard Johnson is our well-respected and professional 2019 Membership Secretary
- He will receive your payment, and…
- Issue you a personalized membership card.
- Who could ask for anything more?
Membership Renewal for 2019
- We are so close to the beginning of a new year. Happy 2019!
- Your CARC Membership runs on an annual calendar-year basis.
- In exchange for the many benefits we furnish as part of your Cumberland Amateur Radio Club Membership, each year we ask that you separate yourself from a Ten-Dollar Bill, US Currency. This is the one featuring the portrait of Alexander Hamilton.
- Club Membership Secretary Richard Johnson is a great person to have on the Club Leadership Team. He will receive your Dues Payment and issue a Club Membership Card in exchange.
- See Richard at our January or February 2019 Meetings.
- If it is not not convenient for you to attend one of the early-2019 CARC Meetings we will be pleased to receive your Dues Payment by mail. Address: Andrew Forsyth, 5 Northern Dancer Drive, Dillsburg, PA 17019-9300
- Thank You For Your Support !
Thermometer is for demonstration purposes only:
Preparations for Holiday Brunch are Underway
The date of our event is Sunday December 9, 2018.
The time of our event is 11 a.m.
The location of our event is T J Rockwell’s Restaurant at 897 West Grantham Road in Mechanicsburg, PA. This location is next-door to the Ashcombe Garden Center
The photo to the upper-right has been updated to show the main entrance to T J Rockwell’s in Mechanicsburg.
I am delighted to report that a Duo of Volunteers stepped forward and will provide a wealth of creative flare to this core element of our Brunch. I will recognize this duo by name if I first request and obtain their permission.
I am equally pleased to report that Pete Matangos and I struck a deal that will place several of the fine products he makes and sells at Matangos Candies in Harrisburg into the Door Prize pool. Assorted Chocolates in a 1 lb. box and his iconic Venetian Mints in a 1 lb. box. I need to perform some Quality Assurance Testing prior to the brunch. Not because there is any concern with the quality or consistency of Matangos’ fine chocolates. Instead, the reason for this testing is so that I can savor the true meaning of Quality and Consistency. If any candy remains unopened after this testing it will be offered as a Door Prize.
Valli Hoski will want to know the head-count of those CARC Members, Friends, and Guests who will attend the brunch. You could take this cue and send me your intentions which I will tally and share with Valli.
• Author: Andrew Forsyth
The Story Behind Our Wooden Nickel TUIT
This story begins with my wife, who has a long list of household chores that I am expected to complete in order to qualify for prepared meals, laundry services, and companionship.
Many times I am guilty of responding to her chore requests by saying
“I will do that chore as soon as I get a Round TUIT.”
Darling Wife made sure that I would have whatever it takes to get the jobs done. She outfitted me with a lifetime supply of Round TUITs. A fresh shipment of 500 Round TUITs arrived this week.
I have so many Round TUITs that I would like to share them with my Ham Radio friends and anyone else whose interest in Ham Radio is developing. If you would like to have your own Round TUIT please attend one of our CARC Meetings and let me know.
• Author: Andrew Forsyth
News About the CARC Website
Welcome to our Blog Posting page. My goal is to have something interesting and worthwhile to say in this space from time to time.
In many ways this website has become my second hobby. I have been a Ham Radio Operator for over 51 years and Ham Radio will be my first hobby for as long as I can fog a mirror.
I’ve created several Categories for these Postings. Initially I will be using Community, Contests, DX, Hamfests, News, Technology, Food and perhaps Uncategorized. BoldGrid and WordPress make it easy for me to add or subtract from that list of categories.
I am an advocate of Continual Improvement. If I see something that piques my curiosity I strive to incorporate the best features into my work. Likewise, if you have suggestions please pass them along to me for consideration. Send eMail to Andrew Forsyth.Until I have more fully developed my Blog Posting skills the Leave Comments feature is disabled.
• Author: Andrew Forsyth